Who doesn’t know about this surprising little town in Bali, CANGGU, also known as the gem for digital nomads, young travelers and surfers.
Canggu offers a fantastic vibe where lush green rice fields and beautiful beaches are surrounded by hipster cafes, restaurants, beach bars/clubs, yoga studios and many other inspirational places.
THINGS TO DO IN CANGGU
Canggu has three major areas; Berawa, Batu Bolong and Parerenan.
After spending 48 hours in this gorgeous little town, here are some tips to find out about all the things to do in Canggu;
1. Go to favorite surfing spots
Canggu most of the time offers suitable waves for surf lovers, not only for professionals but also for beginners. Attach your surfboards on the motorbike and let’s ride towards one of the beaches to hit the waves.
We recommend you to go early in the morning to avoid crowds of people. There are three surf spots in Canggu; Berawa Beach, Echo Beach and Batu Bolong Beach.
2. Foodie Heaven for Food Lovers
During your holiday you can have mouthwatering meals every single time you go out for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Canggu has (-/+) 300 restaurants and cafes, of course not only Indonesian restaurants but there are also Thai, Japanese, Italian, Vegan restaurants giving you top class food experiences
Here are the top 5 BLI Connect favourite restaurants and cafes;
• BeachGarden/Intheraw (healthy/vegan)
Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong no. 103-107, Canggu
• Petit Gourmet Canggu
Jalan Pantai Berawa, Tibubeneng, Canggu
• Warung Heboh (local food)
Jalan Raya Semat, Tibubeneng, Canggu
• Milk and Madu
Jalan Pantai Berawa no. 52, Tibubeneng, Canggu
• The Chicken Shop
Jalan Pantai Berawa no. 99, Tibubeneng, Canggu
3. Shopping in Canggu? Let’s try it out…
Canggu offers various shopping experiences to you and you don’t need to go to one of the large malls to buy your clothes there, but instead you can get something like little gypsy style in;
• La Lagunga Gypsy Market. La Laguna, will give you different shopping atmosphere with their unique decoration and music which you can enjoy meanwhile you shop.
View this post on Instagram
Happy Sunday to all of you 😘Who is going to join our next Gypsy Market at @lalagunabali on 2nd December? 😊 —————————————— #GypsyMarketBali – The original Sunday-market in Bali #LYDorganic #SundayMarket #Balimarket #OrganicMarket #Bali #organic #ecofriendly #nightmarket #balibible #balidaily #baliindonesia #baligasm
• You can also visit the weekly Organic Sunday Market near Echo Beach this place is build for everyone who loves healthy, fresh and creative. The market offers local fruits and vegetables, fresh juices, organic coffees and chocolates, etc.
• Old Men Market. Old Men’s is a well-known bar in Canggu for the locals and expats community and every last Sunday of the month this place is transformed into the market filled with handmade items, clothes and more.
4. Explore Canggu Beaches and Rice Paddies
As you probably know that you can easily rent the motorbike to get around Canggu and whole Bali with the price IDR 100.000 or USD$7 per day.
When you wake up in the morning start exploring with your motorbike you will see the magnificent view of Canggu rice fields that can also be your breakfast view companion. Not only that, you can also take your bike to the beach and enjoy the beach walk in the morning and exchange greetings with the locals.
5. Relax and enjoy the sunset at the Canggu Beach Bar/Clubs
One thing we love to do as BLI Connect team in Canggu is to catch the sunset view and enjoy the sips of delightful cocktails creations in our favorites beach bar/clubs. Here are our top 5 of BLI Connects recommended sunset and cocktail places:
• The Lawn Canggu
Jalan Pura Dalem Canggu, Bali
• La Brisa Bali
Jalan Pantai Batu Mejan, Echo Beach, Canggu
• Old Man’s Bali
Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong no. 117x, Canggu
• Ji Restaurant Bali
Jalan Pantai Bolong, Canggu
• Vue Beach Club
Jalan Pantai Berawa no. 100xx, Canggu
These are a couple of our experiences and recommendations, for your next stay in Canggu.
Anything not clear? Just drop your questions in the comments below or contact us via Email on firstname.lastname@example.org.